Friday, September 4, 2015

     Hello, my name is Ella Hampson. Today's topic is "who am I?" To be completely honest, I have no clue, I'm still trying to figure it out. I feel that before I honestly can answer that question I need to experience more. For example I need to love, lose, feel true happiness and discover my weaknesses. But, I can still tell you about myself. Just because I have no idea what I want to do or who I want to be, doesn't mean I don't have a personality at all. 
     At this point in time I believe I'm hardworking. I always try my hardest no matter what it is. In school I always try my best, although procrastinating is definitely a problem. I like to blame that on the distractions in the dorm, when it is most definitely my fault. In sports and try to be a good teammate no matter a win or a loss. I think that as long as you always try your hardest, and do your best, you have succeeded. 
     I always support my friend's and family's' decisions, no matter what they are. Even if I don't quite agree with them, I try to help them in ways that I can. When people are sad, I try to make them feel better. When they are happy I try not to be depressing and ruin their mood. I always try to branch out and meet new people, and hope it leads to new experiences. In my family, I'd say I'm pretty nice to all of them. I know I'm not the best child, I know I could be better, but I do attempt, always. I have a little brother that I'm constantly getting into fights with, but it's just because he is very, very annoying. 
     As a citizen of the community, I try to help out when I can. I sometimes do community service at a local child center and also am part of the junior fire department. I live in a small town in the North-West corner of Connecticut with about a thousand other people. I believe growing up with the same grade of 14 people for 9 years has influenced the person I am. In my town we have one general store, one gas station (that technically isn't even in our town) and a hardware store. There is also a restaurant about 15 minutes away. My town is very small. You can't go anywhere without seeing someone you know. In 8th grade, I was definitely ready to leave. It was sad, all these people I grew up with. They became my extended family. My 14 brothers and sisters. But, I still needed more, something new and exciting. Not predictable and boring. That why I'm at boarding school. To get out of that tiny town In the corner of Connecticut. And my decision actually turned out better than ever expected. Hopefully the friends I make here will still be my friends 20 years from now.
     Well, that pretty much sums it up. How I got to be the person I am today. And although I have no idea what the future holds, hopefully something great will be coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment