Friday, December 4, 2015

How I can Improve My Ted Talk


So far I have a rough draft written of our last project in public speaking, our Ted Talks. It is a very rough draft that needs to be edited and I can make a lot of changes to make the project better.
First, I need to edit all the spelling and grammar to ensure that everything is correct. I am planning to record myself reading the speech, and then put the pictures and video into iMovie. I need to correctly cite all of my sources and put that in a slide at the end of my Ted Talk. I also need to find many more pictures, and hopefully graphs, to put into my final project. I need to find correct graphs that suitably prove my point.
I also need to find suitable, reliable facts and quotes that help show that college is not the only option. I need to figure out the visible aspects of my Ted Talk. Like the fade in, fade out, transition into pictures and back into the video. I need to make sure that the entire video ends up running smoothly together, and looks final.
I have a lot of things that need to be completed but I have the basic draft that allows for me to know what I need to work on and what I have to do. Overall, I think that my speech was pretty good. I need to work on certain aspects of it but it is getting better as the process continues. I need to plan better and make sure that I don't wait until the last minute to create the final product. To ensure that I do this, I will make sure that I use the class time we receive wisely. I will try to make this as professional a Ted Talk as I can.
So far, this has been a really fun project that I have thoroughly enjoyed. I love Ted Talks and I am exuberantly excited to recreate this experience. I hope that my final project captures the essence of a good Ted talk. I will work very hard to make sure that this project is the best I can do!

http://www.unstuck.com/how-we-procrastinate.html

No comments:

Post a Comment